The MusicianShip provides free after-school programs in schools and community centers across the District of Columbia.
Our areas of expertise range from choir, brass, woodwind and percussion ensembles to DJ and Music Production courses. Our program delivery goals are to:
- Provide extracurricular lessons and activities that improve students’ socio-emotional capacity
- Integrate youth with families, communities, employers, mentors, and other nourishing resources that provide an ecosystem of support.
- Provide enriching activities that reduce the likelihood of youth (re)committing, or being victims of crimes
- Improve high school graduation rates among our students
- Develop our students’ musical aptitude to increase their college scholarship opportunities
- Create meaningful career pathways
All of these our goals are driven by the overwhelming evidence that music education has a unique and powerful impact on students.